Thursday, September 3, 2009

Beet Jelly

I like beets, while not everyone can appreciate them I love 'em.  As I was opening up some beets the other day I hated to throw away the beautiful red juice so I decided to make beet jelly.  A simple recipe was found in one of my Amish cookbooks.  Now I have 6 more pints of jelly to add to my shelves for the long winter. I can almost taste it now on a steamy piece of bread fresh out of the oven.


I am also attempting to salvage yet another aloe vera plant.  I must be one of the few in the world who consistently kills aloe.  I thought I was watering it too much so I didn't water it all summer and it still rotted and died.  Hopefully the stems that I saved will root and live.

1 comment:

Lora said...

I also kill aloe plants! I thought I was the only one! Maybe we should start a support group, surely there must be others out there!! lol ...