I actually forgot I even had this blog but thanks to Julie so graciously sending me an invitation to view hers, I have a renewed interest in blogging now.
I am the type of person who wants snow on Christmas eve and the next week sunshine and 60 degrees so I can plant some early garden. lol Things don't usually quite work out as I would like so I have to improvise. I do have the wheels in motion in my head planning out what I want to plant this year and hopefully be organized enough to sell some things at the local farmer's market. As the high cost of food really gets my goat I am thinking of planting some spinach indoors under a growing light and seeing what happens in my basement. It should be interesting.
I have been obsessed of late with researching every possible way to save money and cut expenses to the bone. The new American way of life seems to be living from paycheck to paycheck and this is going to be the year that I get out of debt and get out of that cycle. It excites me to think that it is a very real possibility that will come to fruition if I can stay focused and deny my spontaneous spendthrift nature. Just this morning as I was cruising the isles of a discount store, (of course the items that I needed were all the way to the back of the store) I found myself picking up various things thinking 'oh I could use this' and then talking myself out of it. The not so funny part is that not once did it enter my mind that I have declared now through the end of January a no spend month, meaning no extra spending outside of budget. I did however keep in mind that I intended only to spend enough to get milk and eggs, so that at least kept me on track. Yea!! I made it out of the store with only milk and eggs.
Look for more posts about saving money, no spend days, weeks, months, gettting out of debt and simple frugal living. It will be a pleasure to share with you all again.
Until next time keep the warm fires burning.....
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment