A bad pit I fall into is not having meals planned out for the week and then getting into a time crunch to fix dinner and buying something extra (and expensive) for time's sake. I have made up a menu for this week and I feel a bit of pressure taken off. Here is what I have come up with:
Monday: Biscuits and sausage gravy, bacon and sausage patties, pistachio pudding
Tuesday: Easy tuna dish, carrots, cake
Wednesday: meatloaf, mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans, custard pie
Thursday (New Years Day): Baked ham, cabbage, black eyed peas, collard/mustard greens, cornbread, peach upsidedown cake
Friday: Butterfly links (hot dogs) with bbq sauce, baked mac and cheese, cauliflower/broccoli, pudding
I will freeze leftovers to take to work over the weekend.
Recipe for Easy Tuna Dish
I found this while searching 'saving money' websites. It is from an Aussie lady named Kitty. I love to read blogs from Aussie's on saving money, they seem to know every which way to save and I love it.
2 cans tuna, in water and chunky
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 can cream of chicken or celery soup, undiluted
1 can pineapple pieces, drain and reserve if you need liquid later
Cooked boiled rice, heated
Blend together all but the rice gently in a saucepan and heat thoroughly. Serve with rice or fried noodles.
Varaiations: add green beans or peas, use salmon, chopped spam or ham instead of tuna
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment